Take a look at the similar writing assignments
How do you saute asparagus?
Melt the butter or margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and asparagus spears; cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until asparagus is tender. If you like your asparagus well done, reduce heat and cook an additional 10 minutes.
What spice goes well with asparagus?
- Spices: smoked paprika, chipotle chili & cumin.
- Fine herbs: rosemary, basil, dill, marjoram, Mediterranean oregano, thyme, cilantro, etc.
- Spices: Allspice, curry, ginger, pepper, paprika, cayenne, mustard,
- Fine herbs: basil, sage, bay leaf, oregano, parsley, savory, tarragon.
What's the best way to freeze asparagus?
For packaged freezing, place spears into freezer bags and remove as much air as possible. Don't overpack bags, but work to keep spears in a single layer for quickest freezing. Freeze bags as flatly as possible. Once bags are frozen, pack them into your freezer to maximize space use.
Should you refrigerate fresh asparagus?
Yes. Asparagus should be refrigerated. This will help it stay fresh longer. In a pinch, keep it wrapped in a breathable plastic bag (like this one) or loosely wrapped in the plastic produce bag from the grocery store and put it in the high-humidity crisper drawer in your refrigerator.
What's the best way to store asparagus?
Asparagus tastes best when cooked the day you buy it. If that's not in the cards, store them as you would store cut flowers: Trim the bottoms and stand the spears up in a glass or jar with about an inch of water. Cover with a plastic bag then refrigerate them for up to 4 days.
Is frozen asparagus any good?
So, as you found out, your frozen, defrosted asparagus won't be good to snack on. But the good news is that it will be perfectly fine for including in certain kinds of dishes. Use it where you wouldn't need or expect the vegetable to be crisp and firm: soups, stews, casseroles, baked dips.
How long should I Steam asparagus in the microwave?
Lay the bundle, seam side down, in the microwave. Microwave on high until the asparagus is just crisp tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the microwave using tongs and carefully unwrap. Arrange on a serving platter and serve immediately.
Does cooked asparagus freeze well?
Properly stored, cooked asparagus will last for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator. To further extend the shelf life of cooked asparagus, freeze it; freeze in covered airtight containers or heavy-duty freezer bags, or wrap tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil or freezer wrap.
How long do I blanch asparagus?
In a large saucepan, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Season with 2 tablespoons coarse salt, and add asparagus; boil until tender, 3 to 4 minutes (depending on thickness). Remove with tongs, or drain in a colander, and immediately transfer to ice water for 1 minute to stop the cooking process.
How long will blanched asparagus last?
How do you reheat leftover asparagus?
Leftover asparagus is easy to reheat. Typically, you think of reheating food in the microwave. While it is possible with this dish, the texture will not be as good. Instead of microwave oven heating, use your toaster oven or pop the asparagus under the oven broiler.
How do you reheat frozen asparagus?
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spread frozen asparagus in a single layer on a parchment-lined sheet pan. ...
- Drizzle veggies lightly with oil, then sprinkle with desired seasonings. ...
- Roast asparagus for 15 minutes (or more if needed), until fully heated and slightly browned.
Can you prep asparagus ahead of time?
They'll turn wilty and unpleasantly chewy if chopped or peeled ahead of time. Either prep them right before assembling and eating—or store them in cold water. They'll keep in the water in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
How do you Reheat asparagus after blanching?
Delicious. If I want them hot, I re-heat either in the microwave or by dunking in a pot of boiling water for about a minute until hot. Drain well.
- What spices should I add to tomato sauce?
- Is asparagus juice good for you?
- Do grape tomatoes need a trellis?
- What is the difference between hollandaise and bearnaise?
- How long does it take to grow asparagus?
- Is it better to steam or bake asparagus?
- Is asparagus healthier cooked or raw?
- How many minutes do I Steam asparagus?
- What goes good with asparagus for dinner?
- What type of vegetable is asparagus?
You will be interested
- Does everyone get asparagus pee?
- Can you eat the bottom of asparagus?
- Where does asparagus come from originally?
- What does asparagus mean in English?
- Are asparagus fern berries poisonous?
- Is asparagus in a jar good for you?
- How do I know when asparagus is done?
- How do you know when asparagus are done?
- What are health benefits of asparagus?
- How do you steam vegetables in Ninja Foodi?