What does overstory mean?
1 : the layer of foliage in a forest canopy. 2 : the trees contributing to an overstory.
Why are angiosperms so successful on land?
Terms in this set (2) because they have pollens and flowers/fruits. The flowers are able to attract insects and this allows better transportation of pollen. Also, animals and insects may eat the seeds, and that would also be good transportation of the seed because the seed is usually excreted.
What are the two types of dormancy in plants?
Dormancy has a significant role in the development of new species and the successful dispersal of existing species . There are two types of seed dormancy in general: seed coat (physical) dormancy and internal dormancy. In seed coat dormancy, the seed coat prevents oxygen and/or water permeating into the seed.
What do many angiosperms rely on animals for?
More than 80 percent of angiosperms depend on animals for pollination: the transfer of pollen from the anther to the stigma. Consequently, plants have developed many adaptations to attract pollinators.
Why is using fruit to attract animals One of the reasons for the success of flowering plants?
The fruit protects the seeds and also helps to spread them. Many fruits are good to eat and attract small animals, such as birds and squirrels, who like to feed on them. The seeds pass through them unharmed, and then get spread through their droppings.
- What are the 6 levels of air quality?
- Is it legal to eat lion?
- What lives in the understory layer of the rainforest?
- What animals live in the rainforest understory?
- What Australian native plants grow in shade?
- What plants grow in shade Australia?
- How does the lower layer of the deciduous forest compared with the canopy?
- What is another word for shade?
- What is stand initiation?
- What is nature of fire?
You will be interested
- What is the fastest growing shade tree in Georgia?
- Which is better Timberland vs Caterpillar?
- What trees thrive in shade?
- Who is woodland demars dating?
- What Colour is woodland GREY?
- What are Understoreys in a forest?
- What grows in shade under trees?
- Are howler monkeys dangerous?
- Is fire alive Yes or no?
- Which brand is best for wallet?