What is the tropical forest standard?
The California Tropical Forest Standard, also known as TFS, lays out California's detailed guidelines for what would be required of a tropical forest state seeking to have its emissions reductions from tropical forests credited in an emissions trading system with the environmental rigor of California's own carbon ...
Why are tropical rainforests important to humans?
As well as the vivid beauty that comes with great diversity in plants and animals, rainforests also play a practical role in keeping our planet healthy. By absorbing carbon dioxide and releasing the oxygen that we depend on for our survival. The absorption of this CO2 also helps to stabilize the Earth's climate.
What plants are in tropical rainforests?
The tropical rainforest contains more species of plants than any other biome. Orchids, Philodendrons, Ferns, Bromeliads, Kapok Trees, Banana Trees, Rubber Trees, Bam- boo, Trees, Cassava Trees, Avocado Trees. Animals come in various colors which act as a camouflage to protect them from their pred- ators.
Which countries have tropical rainforests?
Tropical rainforests exist in Southeast Asia (from Myanmar (Burma)) to the Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea and Sri Lanka; also in Sub-Saharan Africa from the Cameroon to the Congo (Congo Rainforest), South America (e.g. the Amazon rainforest), Central America (e.g. Bosawás, the southern Yucatán ...
Which country has the biggest jungle?
What is the largest forest in Australia?
How many trees are cut down in Australia?
The impacts on Australia's wildlife and natural capital over the next decade are highly significant and alarming: five million hectares of forests and woodlands bulldozed, 500 million trees killed or damaged, 750 million native animals killed, and 470 million tonnes of greenhouse gases released.
What is the coldest part of Australia?
Does Australia have 4 seasons?
Australia's climate varies greatly throughout the eight states and territories; there are four seasons across most of the country and a wet and dry season in the tropical north. Australia's seasons are at opposite times to those in the northern hemisphere.
- What is tropical forest restoration?
- Where is tropical forest in India?
- How do jaguars survive in the tropical rainforest?
- What kind of plants are in the tropical rainforest?
- Where are most tropical forests found?
- Where are kelp forest located?
- What is the landscape in the tropical rainforest?
- What animals live in the tropics?
- What is a famous tropical rainforest?
- Where is the equatorial rainforest?
You will be interested
- What is the average precipitation in a rainforest?
- What was found under Antarctica?
- Where is tropical rainforest climate?
- What are the 4 layers of a tropical rainforest?
- What type of soil is found in the tropical forest?
- What are the four zones of the tropical rainforest?
- What are two examples of plant adaptations?
- How can we restore the rainforest?
- Why do tropical rainforests have high rainfall?
- Are tropical forests hot?