What is meant by subtropical region?
The subtropical zones or subtropics are geographic and climate zones located to the north and south of the tropical zone. ... Subtropical climates are often characterized by hot summers and mild winters with infrequent frost.
What is the meaning of tropics?
1a : of, relating to, occurring in, or suitable for use in the tropics tropical forests a tropical disease. b : of, being, or characteristic of a region or climate that is frost-free with temperatures high enough to support year-round plant growth given sufficient moisture tropical Florida. 2 : figurative sense 2.
Is Tropical Hot or cold?
The tropics are warm all year, averaging 25 to 28 degrees Celsius (77 to 82 degrees Fahrenheit). This is because the tropics get more exposure to the sun. Because of all that sun, the tropics don't experience the kind of seasons the rest of the Earth does.
What is the other name of Tropical?
What is another word for tropical?
What is another word for exotic?
In this page you can discover 31 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for exotic, like: extrinsic, fascinating, foreign, different, elaborate, alluring, enticing, normal, ordinary, usual and strange.
How do you describe tropical?
The word Tropical specifically means places near the equator. The word is also sometimes used in a general sense for a tropical climate, a climate that is warm to hot and moist year-round. This includes tropical rainforests with lush vegetation. ... Tropical plants and animals are native to the tropics or the Torrid zone.
What is an example of tropical?
The definition of tropical is something related to the tropics - the warm, hot areas located between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn. Warm and humid weather often associated with the tropics is an example of tropical weather.
What is the meaning of tropical island?
adjective. relating to or situated in or characteristic of the tropics (the region on either side of the equator) “tropical islands”
What is the meaning of tropical forest?
A tropical forest is a type of forest found in areas with high regular rainfall and no more than two months of low rainfall, and consisting of a completely closed canopy of trees that prevents penetration of sunlight to the ground and discourages ground-cover growth.
What is the meaning of tropical rainforest?
A tropical rainforest is a rainforest with a high rainfall that grows in a tropical region. Tropical regions – and therefore tropical rainforests – are found near the Equator, an imaginary line that circles the globe, dividing the northern and southern hemispheres.
What is tropical rainforest short answer?
The Tropical Rainforest is a forest occurring in tropical areas of heavy rainfall. It is abundant with many species of wildlife and vegetation. Rainforests cover less than two percent of the Earth's surface. ... Rainforests are the most productive and most complex ecosystems on Earth.
What is tropical rainforest Class 7?
The term tropical region, means places near the equator. These are the tall and dense jungles that receive heavy rainfall every year. ... Due to which the heating of tropical rainforests is much higher than polar regions, leading to its hot climate also there is heavy rainfall in these regions.
Where can you find tropical rainforests?
Tropical rainforests are mainly located between the latitudes of 23.
What type of fruit is Mahogany?
Fruits. The fruits are called "sky fruits" because of its upwards growth towards the sky. The fruits of mahogany can be measure to 40 cm in length, in a light grey to brown capsule. Each fruit capsule could contain 71 winged seeds.
- What is difference between tropical and subtropical?
- Which trees are found in tropical thorn forest?
- Is Key West warmer than Miami?
- In which type of forests conical shaped trees are common?
- Which of the following locations is in a tropical subtropical moist broadleaf forest biome?
- Where is the temperate broadleaf forest?
- What is a moist forest ecosystem?
- What is the meaning of subtropical forest?
- What is the biggest threat to the Amazon rainforest?
- Where is the tundra biome in Australia?
You will be interested
- What ecosystem services do tropical rainforests provide?
- What is the human impact on the rainforest?
- What part of Africa is tropical?
- What are some food webs in the tropical rainforest?
- Where is the tropical rainforest in Africa?
- What are some biotic factors in the tropical rainforest?
- What is rainforest ecosystem?
- Where can we find thorn forest in India?
- What are two main threats to the organisms that live in tropical rainforests?
- How would you describe a tropical forest?