Where are temperate deciduous forests located latitude?
Description. Temperate deciduous forests are located in the mid-latitude areas which means that they are found between the polar regions and the tropics. The deciduous forest regions are exposed to warm and cold air masses, which cause this area to have four seasons.
Is the temperate forest near the equator?
Temperate rainforests are found near the cooler coastal areas further north or south of the equator. The tropical rainforest is a hot, moist biome where it rains all year long.
Are the Smoky Mountains considered a rainforest?
The Smoky Mountains is one of the most diverse temperate rainforests in the world. The rich hardwood and evergreen canopies shelter a large population of migrating and resident birds, numerous mammals, and hundreds of rare plant and insect species.
What state has the most rainforests?
What kind of trees are in the temperate rainforest?
Mosses, spike mosses, ferns and lichens festoon tree trunks and branches, giving the forest a "jungle-like" feel. Large, old trees. The dominant species are Sitka spruce and western hemlock, but other conifers and several deciduous species grow as well.
What does a temperate rainforest look like?
characteristics. Temperate rainforests filled with evergreen and laurel trees are lower and less dense than other kinds of rainforests because the climate is more equable, with a moderate temperature range and well-distributed annual rainfall.
What is a temperate or sober person?
Temperate or sparing in the use of alcoholic liquor. ... Abstaining from or habitually abstemious in the use of alcoholic drink or other intoxicants. A former addict who has been sober for 10 years.
Does being sober mean you never drink?
Sobriety is the condition of not having any measurable levels or effects from alcohol or other drugs. Sobriety is also considered to be the natural state of a human being given at a birth. A person in a state of sobriety is considered sober.
What does Drunk mean?
1a : having the faculties impaired by alcohol. b : having a level of alcohol in the blood that exceeds a maximum prescribed by law legally drunk. 2 : dominated by an intense feeling drunk with rage. 3 : relating to, caused by, or characterized by intoxication : drunken drunk driving. drunk.
What's the opposite of sober?
sober Add to list Share. This adjective means the opposite of playful or drunk.
What's the word for not drinking alcohol?
Teetotalism is the practice or promotion of complete personal abstinence from alcoholic beverages. A person who practises (and possibly advocates) teetotalism is called a teetotaler (plural teetotalers) or is simply said to be teetotal.
- What plants are in the temperate forest?
- What is tropical deciduous forest also known as?
- What is the climate of the temperate forest?
- How do humans help the deciduous forest?
- Who would win a tiger or a gorilla?
- What landforms are in the temperate forest?
- What biome is a bamboo forest?
- Is the US a temperate climate?
- Do snakes live in temperate forests?
- What is the meaning of temperate?
You will be interested
- Where are the temperate forest located?
- What country has a temperate forest?
- Which institute was set up in Dehradun and when?
- What is a niche in the rainforest?
- Where do temperate forests found in India?
- What is the climate in a temperate forest?
- What is the annual precipitation in the temperate deciduous forest?
- What type of plants are in the temperate forest?
- What is the climate in the temperate forest?
- What is the average precipitation in the tropical rainforest?