Why are temperate forests located where they are?
Temperate deciduous forests are located in the mid-latitude areas which means that they are found between the polar regions and the tropics. The deciduous forest regions are exposed to warm and cold air masses, which cause this area to have four seasons. ... They also have thick bark to protect them from the cold weather.
What are 3 types of producers?
Photosynthetic producers can be broadly grouped under three categories: plants, cyanobacteria and phytoplankton.
Is a catfish a decomposer?
Scavengers include vultures and catfish. Some consumers are also decomposers. Decomposers break down dead plants and animals. The two main kinds of decomposers are bacteria and fungi.
What are 4 examples of producers?
Some examples of producers in the food chain include green plants, small shrubs, fruit, phytoplankton, and algae.
What are three organisms?
In an ecosystem, there are three kinds of organisms: producers, consumers, and decomposers. Each kind of organism is important.
What are 4 organisms?
These are Bacteria, Archaea, and Eukarya.
- Bacteria. In the simplest case, an organism can be a bacteria, a DNA molecule containing genetic information wrapped in a protective plasma membrane. ...
- Archaea. ...
- Eukarya. ...
- Viruses. ...
- Bees. ...
- Tapeworms. ...
- Great White Shark.
What are five organisms?
Living things are divided into five kingdoms: animal, plant, fungi, protist and monera.
What are examples of living organisms?
For young students things are 'living' if they move or grow; for example, the sun, wind, clouds and lightning are considered living because they change and move. Others think plants and certain animals are non-living.
What are the 7 characteristics of living organisms?
There are seven characteristics of living things: movement, breathing or respiration, excretion, growth, sensitivity and reproduction. Some non-living things may show one or two of these characteristics but living things show all seven characteristics.
What are the 8 characteristics of all living organisms?
The eight characteristics of life: adaptation through evolution, cellular organization, growth and development, heredity, homeostasis, reproduction, metabolism, and response to stimuli. All organisms we consider to be living show all eight of these traits.
What are the three main characteristics of living organisms?
All living organisms share several key characteristics or functions: order, sensitivity or response to the environment, reproduction, growth and development, regulation, homeostasis, and energy processing.
- What kind of trees live in the temperate forest?
- What are the features of deciduous forests?
- What vegetables grow in forests?
- What climate is temperate forest?
- How does the Red Fox adapt to the deciduous forest?
- What states have temperate forests?
- What are some herbivores in the temperate forest?
- Where is the temperate forest biome located?
- What kind of grass grows in the temperate forest?
- What type of animals live in temperate forests?
You will be interested
- What is tropical deciduous forest also known as?
- Where are temperate deciduous forests located latitude?
- Are deciduous forest arid or humid?
- Where can you find a temperate rainforest in the United States?
- What plants are in the temperate forest?
- Why is the climate in the rainforest hot and wet?
- What are the names of temperate rainforests?
- What's another name for temperate forest?
- What is the name of the forest in Australia?
- What is the difference between a grassland and a tropical rainforest?