Is the temperate forest highly productive?
Temperate Deciduous Forest Biome Net primary productivity ranges from 600–1500 g m-2 yr-1 with high litter production. Litter serves as a major pathway for nutrient recycling. This biome is named for the dominant trees that drop their leaves during the winter months.
Why is the deciduous forest important to our ecosystem?
Deciduous forests are most important as habitat areas. Many wildlife species rely on deciduous forests and trees as their primary sources of food and shelter. ... Deciduous forests are also pleasing to our human senses, especially in the fall when their leaves turn yellow, orange, and red.
What is the similarities between temperate and tropical rainforests?
Both tropical and temperate rainforests are very lush and wet. Rainfall falls regularly throughout the year. The tropical rainforest receives 80-400 inches of rainfall per year. It rains a lot in the temperate rainforest, too -- about 100 inches per year.
What are the challenges of living in the rainforest?
- 1 Weather. The weather in the tropical rainforest is always hot and humid. ...
- 2 Tropical Diseases. Tropical diseases thrive in the rainforest area because of the hot, humid climate. ...
- 3 Poverty. The populated areas surrounding tropical rainforests tend to be poor. ...
- 4 Isolation.
- Where can you find a temperate forest?
- Are there any endangered species in the deciduous forest?
- Are there temperate forests in Europe?
- Why are temperate forests located where they are?
- What kind of trees live in the temperate forest?
- What are the features of deciduous forests?
- What vegetables grow in forests?
- What climate is temperate forest?
- How does the Red Fox adapt to the deciduous forest?
- What states have temperate forests?
You will be interested
- What biome is a bamboo forest?
- Is kangaroo found in large dense forest?
- Do snakes live in temperate forests?
- How do humans help the deciduous forest?
- Where are the temperate forest located?
- What plants are in the temperate forest?
- What kind of grass grows in the temperate forest?
- How big is the temperate forest?
- What is it like in the temperate forest?
- What type of soil is in the temperate deciduous forest?