How are tropical rainforests and temperate forests similar?
Both tropical and temperate rainforests are very lush and wet. ... It rains a lot in the temperate rainforest, too -- about 100 inches per year. And even more moisture comes from the coastal fog that hovers among the trees. Tropical rainforests are warm and moist; while temperate rainforests are cool.
What is the difference between a rainforest and a forest?
As nouns the difference between rainforest and forest is that rainforest is a forest in a climate with high annual rainfall and no dry season while forest is a dense collection of trees covering a relatively large area larger than woods.
What do temperate and tropical rainforests have in common?
Tropical and temperate rainforests have some things in common. Both have very dense vegetation. Trees in temperate and tropical rainforests have trunks that flare out at the bottom and both types of rainforests are endangered biomes.
Are tropical rainforest trees deciduous?
Many are DECIDUOUS TREES that lose their leaves in fall, but the broad-leaved trees of a tropical rainforest are evergreen. The mass of leaves of adjacent trees form a CANOPY.
Why is the tropical deciduous forest distinctive from the tropical rainforest?
Answer. # Tropical Rainforests are warm and moist while template Rainforests are cool. # A deciduous forest by definition is one in which the trees shed leaves seasonally while in tropical rainforest all such things doesn't happen. # Tropical rainforests grow in regions that have consistently heavy rainfall year round ...
Why is the rainforest dangerous?
One of the many dangers of living in a tropical rainforest is animals. There are many venomous snakes and insects, as well as carnivorous animals that can attack people. The land can also be extremely dangerous and uneven, and the forest is so thick in some places that it would be nearly impossible to navigate.
How does Hep impact upon the rainforest?
Hydroelectric power (HEP) - The creation of HEP stations in the Amazon Basin has resulted in large areas of forest being flooded to create reservoirs and dams. The flooding of the Balbina dam in Brazil resulted in the loss of 920 square miles of tropical rainforest.
What are some environmental problems in the tropical rainforest?
Threats to the tropical rainforest - deforestation
- Farming - large areas are cleared for pastoral farming . ...
- Logging - tropical rainforests are cut down so that valuable trees like mahogany can be accessed and sold for timber to make furniture. ...
- Mining - the Amazon Basin is rich in natural resources such as iron ore, copper, tin, aluminium, manganese and gold.
How does global warming affect forests?
Climate change could alter the frequency and intensity of forest disturbances such as insect outbreaks, invasive species, wildfires, and storms. These disturbances can reduce forest productivity and change the distribution of tree species. ... In other cases, existing species may shift their range or die out.
- What is an understory in a forest?
- What is temperate vegetation?
- What are 5 facts about the rainforest?
- What kind of plants are in the deciduous forest?
- How do humans use the deciduous forest?
- What climate zone is the deciduous forest in?
- What is the location of temperate deciduous forest?
- How do wildflowers adapt to the deciduous forest?
- What are the 4 seasons in a deciduous forest?
- Are temperate forests humid?
You will be interested
- Do koalas like the cold?
- Are there any endangered species in the deciduous forest?
- Is the temperate forest highly productive?
- What kind of climate does temperate forest habitat experience?
- What states have temperate forests?
- What decomposers live in the temperate forest?
- What are some abiotic and biotic factors in the temperate forest?
- What are the features of deciduous forests?
- What is the largest temperate grassland in the world?
- What climate is temperate forest?