How much rainfall is in the deciduous forest and why?
The average amount of rainfall in the forest is 30 to 60 inches a year. As the seasons change, so do the colors of the leaves of the deciduous. During the winter months water is generally not available to keep the leaves of some plants alive. Therefore, the leaves of some plants fall off and grow back in the spring.
What is the average precipitation in the temperate forest?
30 - 60 inches
What is the average rainfall in tropical deciduous forest?
Which type of trees are found in the temperate deciduous forest?
Most of the trees are broadleaf trees such as oak, maple, beech, hickory and chestnut. There are also several different kinds of plants like mountain laurel, azaleas and mosses that live on the shady forest floor where only small amounts of sunlight get through.
Which is the main tree of monsoon type vegetation?
How is the forest of great commercial value to India?
This forest is of great commercial value to India due to the large availability of Teak, Sandalwood, Lac resin, medicinal values, etc.
Is a deciduous tree?
Deciduous trees are giant flowering plants. They include oaks, maples, and beeches, and they grow in many parts of the world. The word deciduous means to “fall off,” and every fall these trees shed their leaves. Most deciduous trees are broad-leaved, with wide, flat leaves.
- How much does it rain in the deciduous forest?
- What plants and animals live in the temperate deciduous forest?
- Which quality is characteristic of temperate deciduous forests?
- What do the trees in deciduous temperate forests do quizlet?
- What type of soil is found in the temperate forest?
- Does the temperate deciduous forest have the most species diversity?
- What are the 3 main symbiotic relationships in nature?
- Are there deciduous trees in Florida?
- What are temperate forests used for?
- What type of animals live in the temperate deciduous forest?
You will be interested
- Are temperate forests humid?
- Why are temperate forests located where they are?
- What are some abiotic and biotic factors in the temperate forest?
- How do wildflowers adapt to the deciduous forest?
- What are the primary consumers in a forest?
- How would you describe a temperate deciduous forest?
- What is temperate vegetation?
- What are the features of deciduous forests?
- Is the UK a deciduous forest?
- What are the dominant plants in the temperate forest?