Where are tropical seasonal forests located?
Take a look at the similar writing assignments
Where are tropical seasonal forests located?
Most of Mexico is a Tropical Seasonal Forest, The west coast of Central America. Northeast South America (Brazil-Argentina). Much of southern and central Africa, as well as India and southeast Asia and Northern Australia.
How many animals live in tropical rainforests?
No one knows exactly how many species live in the world's tropical rainforests — estimates range from 3 to 50 million species — rainforests are the undisputed champions of biodiversity among the world's ecosystems, containing far higher numbers of species on a per-area basis relative to sub-tropical, temperate, and ...
Is there a dry season in the tropical rainforest?
Tropical rain forests have a type of tropical climate in which there is no dry season—all months have an average precipitation value of at least 60 mm (2.
What are some abiotic factors in the tropical dry forest?
- Elevation: 200-1000 meters above sea level.
- Topography: some rivers and streams, level plains.
- Average yearly wind speed:14mph.
- Soil Conditions: Nutrient rich alluvial soils that are moist and dark in color. Soils are subject to erosion.
Which abiotic factors play important roles in tropical forests?
The abiotic factors that play an important role in the tropical forests are the rain, to give the animals and plants the water they need to grow, the sunlight, it gives the plants and trees the energy they need to perform certain tasks like photosynthesis, which gives animals air to breathe.
Is grass biotic or abiotic?
Grass is biotic. The abiotic features of an environment are the things that aren't living but which are important to sustain the life of the living.
Is Ocean biotic or abiotic?
In the sea the biotic factors are any large fish or sea creatures living in that area, also any small organisms like shrimp and other things you can see. Abiotic is anything non-living that's in the area that still affect the river or the ocean.
Is Cactus biotic or abiotic?
Prickly pear cactus is just one of the biotic factors in the Texas tortoise's environment. This brushland-dwelling animal also requires a shelter, which it creates by scraping out a space under a nearby shrub or cactus.
Is mold abiotic or biotic?
Mold is the fungi which is biotic. The abiotic is something which is non living but influence the living system. The mold is filamentous hyphae like fungi which is biotic in nature because it influences the living system to great extent.
Is salad abiotic or biotic?
Answer Expert Verified. Biotic is defined as the things which are derived from living organisms and the things which are not related to living organisms or not derived from living organisms are called abiotic. Steak, salad and grapes are taken or prepared by using the things of living organisms. Hence, they are biotic.
Is Cotton biotic or abiotic?
Abiotic stresses are major limiting factors that affect the growth, yield, and development of cotton. It is a fiber crop. It is cultivated in many countries across the globe.
Is yogurt biotic or abiotic?
Yogurt - Abiotic or biotic? Biotic - Yogurt is produced when bacteria ferment milk. The bacteria present in the yogurt make it biotic.
Is an empty snail shell biotic or abiotic?
Here are the things that have biotic features: bacteria, dead leaves, mosquitoes, milk, hair, plastic, and an empty snail shell. On the other hand, the things that have abiotic features include the following: temperature, wind, sunlight, sand, and ice.
Is a dead body biotic or abiotic?
Dead organisms are not abiotic. Some people think that if an organism is no longer alive, it cannot be considered biotic. However, if something used to be alive, or was part of a living organism (such as a bone, or hair), it is still considered biotic.
Is kelp biotic or abiotic?
Abiotic factors are a major part of the kelp forest and allow it to live. Without these factors the Kelp forest would't be able to exist. Without all these factors working in perfect unison, the ecosystem wouldn't survive.
Is Whale biotic or abiotic?
Is it biotic or abiotic?
Is Desert biotic or abiotic?
In general, deserts are made up of a number of abiotic components – including sand, the lack of moisture, and hot temperatures – basically anything that makes up an ecosystem that isn't alive.
- What are some adaptations of animals in the tropical rainforest?
- What is the difference between tropical rainforest and tropical savanna?
- What is tropical scrub forest?
- What plants and animals live in the tropical rainforest biome?
- What are the adaptations of the tropical rainforest?
- What is the leading cause of deforestation in tropical dry forests?
- What is the food chain in the tropical rainforest?
- What is the climate of the tropical forest?
- What defines tropical forest?
- What is a tropical forest ecosystem?
You will be interested
- How are humans impacting tropical rainforests?
- What are 5 interesting facts about the tropical rainforest?
- What are 3 interesting facts about the tropical rainforest?
- What is the largest threat to forests in tropical areas?
- What happens to the ecosystem of a stream as it becomes polluted?
- How much rain does a tropical dry forest get?
- What are the characteristics of tropical forest?
- Is a dock private property in Florida?
- What are the most common plants in the tropical rainforest?
- What is a riparian landowner?