In which state of India evergreen forests are found?
Tropical Evergreen forests of India are found in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, the Western Ghats, which fringe the Arabian Sea, the coastline of peninsular India, and the greater Assam region in the north-east. Small remnants of evergreen forest are found in Odisha state.
What are the green lungs of the earth?
- Forests are called as the green lungs because they fix the carbon dioxide in the presence of sunlight and convert them into glucose by the process of photosynthesis.
- The reaction of carbon dioxide with water during this process releases oxygen as byproduct and glucose is formed.
Which one of the following is a role of forests?
Forests provide us with shelter, livelihoods, water, food and fuel security. All these activities directly or indirectly involve forests. Some are easy to figure out - fruits, paper and wood from trees, and so on.
Which is indirect function of forest?
Indirect use benefits refer to environmental services provided by forests that are of indirect value, such as carbon sequestration, the provision of habitat to protect biodiversity or various ecosystem protection services such as the ability to reduce soil erosion and the siltation of rivers.
What is productive function of forest?
The productive function of forest resources indicates the economic and social utility of forest resources to national economies and forest- dependent local communities and reflects the wish to maintain an ample and valuable supply of primary forest products, while at the same time ensuring that production and ...
What is the structure of forest ecosystem?
Basic processes Forest ecosystems consist of organisms (plants, animals and micro-organisms) and their habitats (the soil and air). The functioning of forest ecosystems is characterised by energy and nutrient flows and cycling, biomass production and the decomposition of dead organic matter.
What are the 4 types of ecosystems?
The four ecosystem types are classifications known as artificial, terrestrial, lentic and lotic. Ecosystems are parts of biomes, which are climatic systems of life and organisms. In the biome's ecosystems, there are living and nonliving environmental factors known as biotic and abiotic.
What makes a forest unique?
The rainforests are home to half of the Earth's plant and animal species. They are winter homes to many birds that breed in temperate latitudes. Tropical rainforests are some of the most beautiful wildernesses on our planet. ... The forests are a potential source of medicinal plants that may benefit everyone on Earth.
You will be interested
- Where is the steppe region?
- Who are the guardians of the forest?
- Who owns Ashdown Forest?
- What is a picture gallery?
- Where is the Mongolian steppe?
- Is the Amazon rain forest still on fire?
- How bad is deforestation right now?
- What should be included in a gallery wall?
- Where are steppes located in South America?
- Where is the Russian steppe located?