Take a look at the similar writing assignments
Where can we find rhizomes?
A rhizome (also known as rootstocks) is a type of plant stem situated either at the soil surface or underground that contains nodes from which roots and shoots originate (shown below). Rhizomes are unique in that they grow perpendicular, permitting new shoots to grow up out of the ground.
What is the main function of rhizomes?
Rhizome, also called creeping rootstalk, horizontal underground plant stem capable of producing the shoot and root systems of a new plant. Rhizomes are used to store starches and proteins and enable plants to perennate (survive an annual unfavourable season) underground.
What type of root has one main root that grows deep in the ground with a few smaller side roots?
A tap root system has a main root that grows down vertically, and from which many smaller lateral roots arise.
Which type of root does not have a main root?
fibrous root system
Is Yam A tap root?
It is true root vegetables are considered taproots, which are loosely defined as roots that grow downward into the ground. Taproots can be subdivided into tuberous roots like sweet potatoes, yams and fleshy roots like carrots and beets. ... The taproot is considered the main root of a primary-root system.
Is tomato a tap root?
As dicots, or plants that have two embryonic leaves (called cotyledons), tomatoes have a taproot system. ... When there are no obstacles in its way, a taproot will tunnel straight down into the soil. The taproot of a tomato plant can extend as far down into the soil as three feet.
Is turnip a tap root?
The turnip or white turnip (Brassica rapa subsp. rapa) is a root vegetable commonly grown in temperate climates worldwide for its white, fleshy taproot.
- What Apple symbolizes?
- Do gladiolus have rhizomes?
- How do you make Bitterroot?
- Where do sunflowers grow naturally?
- What happens if you don't take honey from bees?
- Is St John's wort poisonous to rabbits?
- Should you line a planter box with plastic?
- What does sq ft look like?
- Can evergreens grow in pots?
- What is Stephanie Mills doing now?
You will be interested
- What is the best flooring for an outdoor patio?
- Can you put peroxide in your ear?
- Do poppies have male and female parts?
- Do deer bed down in the rain?
- What can you only buy in Florida?
- Why does the poet Favour fire?
- At what age can a child take elderberry syrup?
- What flowers sprout in March?
- Do all annuals die?
- What are the indicators of impending slope failure?