Take a look at the similar writing assignments
What are the two types of inflorescence?
There are two types of inflorescence - Racemose and Cymose.
What are the major types of inflorescence in flowering plants?
- Types of Inflorescence (Floral structure)
- Spike - an elongate, unbranched, indeterminate inflorescence with sessile flowers.
- Spikelet - a small spike, characteristic of grasses and sedges.
- Raceme - an elongate, unbranched, indeterminate inflorescence with pedicelled flowers.
- Panicle - a branched raceme.
What is Uniparous cyme?
adjective. Zoology. producing only one egg or offspring at a time. Botany. (of a cyme) producing only one axis at each branching.
What does Uniparous mean?
Uniparous: 1) Having produced only one offspring.
What is Monochasial cyme?
mon·o·cha·si·um A cyme having only one lateral flower or branch originating from beneath a terminal flower, resulting in a helicoid or scorpiod inflorescence.
What is difference between acropetal and Basipetal?
Acropetal refers to the development or maturation of anatomical parts from the base upward towards the apex, while basipetal refers to the development or maturation from the apex downward towards the base.
What is incision in leaf?
A leaf consists of a broad expanded blade known as the lamina. ... Incision of lamina refers to a leaf blade that has cuts in such a way that it goes up to the midrib. This margin is cut into deep, irregular teeth.
What is a simple leaf with an example?
A single leaf that can not be divided into any smaller unit or leaflet is called a simple leaf. ... True leaves are directly connected to the tree-bud. Example: Pear, Maple, Hibiscus, Mango, Guava, Oregano, Black oak, etc.
What is difference between simple leaf and compound leaf?
A simple leaf blade is undivided as shown on the left (though the margins may be toothed or even lobed). The blade of a compound leaf is divided into several leaflets as shown on the right. ... Each leaf, whether simple or compound, has a bud at its base (on the twig). There are no buds at the base of each leaflet.
- What is the national Colour of Bangladesh?
- What is the national emblem of Belgium?
- What is BC's motto?
- What is the floral emblem of SA?
- What is the flower symbol of BC?
- What is the flower of New Zealand?
- What is Australia's floral emblem?
- What is the national flower of Brazil?
- What is the national flower of Denmark?
- What is the floral emblem of Northern Territory?
You will be interested
- What is the national flower of Hong Kong?
- What is the flower of Los Angeles?
- What is an example of Racemose inflorescence?
- Why does Hubert become unavailable?
- What are the flowers for each province in Canada?
- What is Tasmania's animal emblem?
- What is the most popular flower in Germany?
- What is the emblem of Tasmania?
- What is the national flower of Queensland?
- Why is England symbol a rose?