Take a look at the similar writing assignments
How do you spell Solanaceae?
The Solanaceae, or nightshades, are a family of flowering plants that ranges from annual and perennial herbs to vines, lianas, epiphytes, shrubs, and trees, and includes a number of agricultural crops, medicinal plants, spices, weeds, and ornamentals.
How do you pronounce Lycopersicon esculentum?
- Phonetic spelling of Lycopersicon esculentum. lycopersicon esculentum. Ly-cop-er-si-con es-cu-len-tum. lye-koe-PUR-sih-kon ess-kew-LEN-tum. ...
- Synonyms for Lycopersicon esculentum. tomato plant. tomato. herbaceous plant. ...
- Translations of Lycopersicon esculentum. Turkish : Domates su. Chinese : 番茄茄 Translate this word/phrase.
What is mean by Solanaceae?
What does Cucurbitaceae mean?
: a family of chiefly herbaceous tendril-bearing vines (order Campanulales) that are characterized by an inferior ovary and anthers usually united and that include food plants (as the cucumber, melon, squash, and pumpkin), drug plants (as the colocynth), and ornamental plants (as the gourds)
What plants are in the Cucurbitaceae family?
Cucurbitaceae, the gourd family of flowering plants, belonging to the order Cucurbitales and containing 98 genera and about 975 species of food and ornamental plants. Members of the family are annual or perennial herbs native to temperate and tropical areas and include cucumbers, gourds, melons, squashes, and pumpkins.
Are zucchini and cucumber in the same family?
Members of the cucumber family, known as cucurbits, can be planted now. They include summer squash, zucchini, winter squash, mirliton, pumpkin, gourd, cucuzzi, watermelon, cantaloupe, cushaw, luffa and, of course, cucumber. All of these vegetables produce vines that run along the ground or climb.
Is cucumber in the melon family?
The Melon Family, Cucurbitaceae, is a plant family commonly known as melons, gourds or cucurbits and includes crops like cucumbers, squashes (including pumpkins), luffas, melons (including watermelons).
Is cucumber a gourd?
Plants in the cucurbit (gourd) family include melons, pumpkins, squash and cucumbers. Each of those different cucurbits includes plants of different species and genera (plural of genus). ... So musk melon's scientific or botanical name is Cucumis melo, with “Cucumis” as the genus and “melo” as the species.
Is a zucchini a gourd?
Zucchini, (Cucurbita pepo), also called courgette, variety of summer squash in the gourd family (Cucurbitaceae), grown for its edible fruits. ... Zucchinis are common in home gardens and supermarkets, and the young fruits are cooked as a vegetable.
What are the small cucumbers called?
Can I pick small cucumbers?
You can pick cucumbers at anytime before they become too seedy or seeds become hard. Thin cucumbers will generally have less seeds than those that are thicker; therefore, you may want to choose smaller ones rather than allowing them to remain on the vine.
What are normal cucumbers called?
The most commonly found varieties at most markets are the English cucumbers, pickling cucumbers and the regular slicer cucumber we use most often in our dishes. English cucumbers, sometimes called seedless or hothouse cucumbers, are often longer and wrapped in plastic.
What is the most common cucumber?
Which cucumber is the healthiest?
The peel and seeds are the most nutrient-dense parts of the cucumber. They contain fiber and beta-carotene. "Beta carotene is an antioxidant that helps with immunity, skin, eye and the prevention of cancer," said Lemond.
- Is Chilli Actinomorphic?
- How many sepals does a hibiscus flower have?
- What are essential organs of a flower?
- What are the functions of hibiscus flower?
- Are chillies Epipetalous?
- What is the botanical of guava?
- What is a gladiolus flower?
- What is the common name for Helianthus annuus?
- What family is a pea in?
- What do you mean by floral formula What does the following floral formula represent?
You will be interested
- Which plant belongs to cruciferae?
- Is Jasmine A floral?
- What is the scientific name of pea?
- What is the floral emblem of South Australia?
- Do annual flowers grow back?
- What type of Aestivation is found in pea?
- How do you draw a neat diagram?
- What is the scientific name for sunflower?
- How do you draw a simple diagram?
- Does sunflower have basal Placentation?