Take a look at the similar writing assignments
What is bract in flower?
Bract, Modified, usually small, leaflike structure often positioned beneath a flower or inflorescence. What are often taken to be the petals of flowers are sometimes bracts—for example, the large, colourful bracts of poinsettias or the showy white or pink bracts of dogwood blossoms.
What is the difference between bract and Bracteole?
Reduced leaf found at the base of the pedicel is called bract while leaf like structure present between bract and flower is called bracteole. ... Pedicie is the stalk of flower while peduncle is the stalk of inflorescence.
What is the difference between a bract and a scale?
Imbricated scales, bracts, or leaves, are said to be squarrose, when their tips are pointed and very spreading or recurved. 59. ... They often partake of the colour of the flower, although htye very frequently also retain the green colour of the leaves. When small they are often called scales.
What is Epicalyx flower?
An epicalyx, which forms an additional whorl around the calyx of a single flower, is a modification of bracteoles In other words, the epicalyx is a group of bracts resembling a calyx or bracteoles forming a whorl outer to the calyx. It is a calyx-like extra whorl of floral appendages.
Is Epicalyx and bract same?
In context|botany|lang=en terms the difference between bract and epicalyx. is that bract is (botany) a leaf or leaf-like structure from the axil out of which a stalk of a flower or an inflorescence arises while epicalyx is (botany) a group of bracts resembling a calyx.
What are Bracteate and Ebracteate flowers?
Flowers with bracts (i.e. reduced leaf found at the base of the pedicel) are called bracteate flowers, and ebracteate flowers are the flowers without bracts.
What color is the poinsettia flower?
Poinsettia bracts range in color from the traditional pure white, pink or red to purple, yellow, orange and salmon.
Is a poinsettia a flower or plant?
Poinsettias are part of the Euphorbiaceae or Spurge family. Botanically, the plant is known as Euphorbia pulcherrima. In Nahuatl , the language of the Aztecs, the Poinsettia was called Cuitlaxochitl (from cuitlatl, for residue, and xochitl, for flower), meaning "flower that grows in residues or soil."
Why would a poinsettia not turn red?
In order to get a poinsettia plant to turn red, you need to eliminate its light. ... During the day, poinsettia plants require as much bright light as possible in order to absorb enough energy for color production. At night, however, poinsettia plants must not receive any light for at least 12 hours.
- What is an example of Cymose inflorescence?
- What is the structure of flower?
- Which essential oils are floral?
- How do you know if a flower is perfect or imperfect?
- What is the difference between a legume and a bean?
- How do you spell Solanaceae?
- Is Chilli Actinomorphic?
- How many sepals does a hibiscus flower have?
- What are essential organs of a flower?
- What are the functions of hibiscus flower?
You will be interested
- What are some characteristics of flowers?
- What is the floral formula of family Liliaceae?
- Do annual flowers grow back?
- When Carpels are fused it is termed as?
- What is the name of the flower?
- What is the inflorescence of mustard?
- What is in the mustard family?
- How do you draw a neat diagram?
- How do you draw a simple diagram?
- What is the important of flowers?