Take a look at the similar writing assignments
What is a Zygomorphic flower?
A flower capable of being divided into only two equal parts (mirror images) by a line passing through the middle of a flower, i.e., other lines passing the middle of the flower will not give mirror images of one another; same as monosymmetric, bilaterally symmetrical, and irregular flowers and opposite of actinomorphic ...
What is Gamosepalous?
: having the sepals united.
Are Carpels free in Lotus?
Complete step by step answer: Gynoecium is also called carpels or pistils. ... -Apocarpous ovary: In these types of flowers an apocarpous ovary is present that has more than one carpel. These carpels are free. For example- lotus and rose and michelia flowers.
Which is not a part of a flower?
Are roses Epigynous?
The rose family includes trees, shrubs, or herbs. ... The flower type/ovary position (relative insertion of flower parts) is most often perigynous with a superior ovary, but in the pome-forming shrubs and trees is epigynous with an inferior ovary. The calyx is composed of 5 fused (connate) sepals.
What is Epigynous condition?
The condition in which the sepals, petals and stamens are separately and successively inserted above the ovary is called as epigynous condition. In this condition, ovary is inferior.
What is a Hypogynous flower?
In hypogynous flowers, the perianth and stamens are attached to the receptacle below the gynoecium; the ovary is superior to these organs, and the remaining floral organs arise from below the point of origin of the carpel. ... …the pistil; such flowers are hypogynous (e.g., buttercup and magnolia).
- What is bract in flower?
- What is an example of Cymose inflorescence?
- What is the structure of flower?
- Which essential oils are floral?
- How do you know if a flower is perfect or imperfect?
- What is the difference between a legume and a bean?
- How do you spell Solanaceae?
- Is Chilli Actinomorphic?
- How many sepals does a hibiscus flower have?
- What are essential organs of a flower?
You will be interested
- Is Jasmine A floral?
- Is a lily a perfect or imperfect flower?
- Does sunflower have basal Placentation?
- What do you call a cluster of flowers?
- How do you draw a simple diagram?
- How big is a pea?
- What are onion flowers called?
- What is the common name of Urena lobata?
- What is the important of flowers?
- What type of Aestivation is found in pea?