Take a look at the similar writing assignments
What are the three parts of the female structure of a flower?
What is the stalk of the flower?
Peduncle: The stalk of a flower. ... Stamen: The pollen producing part of a flower, usually with a slender filament supporting the anther. Anther: The part of the stamen where pollen is produced. Pistil: The ovule producing part of a flower. The ovary often supports a long style, topped by a stigma.
What is the middle of a sunflower called?
The blossom of a typical sunflower is called a head. In the common sunflower, the outer yellow petals are called ray flowers, and the center is composed of numerous disk flowers crowded together. The entire head is subtended by numerous green bracts called phyllaries.
Is a sunflower seed an Achene?
The achene is the typical fruit of the sunflower family (Asteraceae). It is a small, one-seeded fruit containing a single seed. The seed is attached by a funiculus, but the seed coat is free from the inner wall of the pericarp. Achenes of the sunflower (Helianthus annuus).
What Colour is the Centre of a sunflower?
Sunflowers, which are easy to plant from seed directly in the garden, remain beautiful all season with little maintenance. Traditionally, sunflowers are bright yellow with brown centers, but varieties include shades of bright yellow, copper, red, brown, orange and bi-colored.
Is the center of a sunflower black or brown?
Within the sunflower center are even more individual flowers called disk flowers. Once pollination has occurred these disk flowers in the sunflower center will produce seeds, a process that makes the center of the sunflower head appear darker.
Are purple black sunflowers real?
Thirty-eight of these are perennial, but annual sunflowers are the ones most often grown in the home garden. ... Annual sunflower varieties with dark burgundy-purple petals include "Chianti" and "Claret." The variety "Ruby Moon" offers two-tone burgundy petals with creamy white tips.
- What is a Zygomorphic flower?
- What is bract in flower?
- What is an example of Cymose inflorescence?
- What is the structure of flower?
- Which essential oils are floral?
- How do you know if a flower is perfect or imperfect?
- What is the difference between a legume and a bean?
- How do you spell Solanaceae?
- Is Chilli Actinomorphic?
- How many sepals does a hibiscus flower have?
You will be interested
- Is Jasmine A floral?
- What are the rules for biological drawings?
- What do you call a cluster of flowers?
- What are the functions of hibiscus flower?
- Is a lily a perfect or imperfect flower?
- What is scientific name of Rose?
- Do annual flowers grow back?
- What family is a pea in?
- What are the top 20 hottest peppers?
- What are essential organs of a flower?