Take a look at the similar writing assignments
What are the three types of ovary?
There are three categories: hypogynous, perigynous, and epigynous. (a) hypogynous, if sepals, petals and stamens are attached to the receptacle below the ovary. The ovary in this case is said to be superior.
What is the style of a flower?
Style – This is the name for the stalk of the pistil. When pollen reaches the stigma, it begins to grow a tube through the style called a pollen tube, which will eventually reach the ovary. The style therefore acts as a buffer against pollen contamination, since only compatible pollen is able to grow a pollen tube.
Which is not possessed by Staminate flower?
Pistillate flower refers to that imperfect or unisexual flower which does not have the male reproductive organ called the stamen. ... Similarly, a staminate flower will only show the androecium (male reproductive whorl) and not the gynoecium. Hence, the correct answer is 'Androecium'
What is an Apetalous flower?
Noun. 1. apetalous flower - flower having no petals. blossom, flower, bloom - reproductive organ of angiosperm plants especially one having showy or colorful parts.
Are flowers symmetrical?
A flower is considered symmetrical when each whorl consists of an equal number of parts or when the parts of any one whorl are multiples of that preceding it. Thus, a symmetrical flower may have five sepals, five petals, five stamens, and five carpels, or the number of any of these parts may be a multiple of five.
What is importance of flower?
Flowers' importance in nature is everywhere—they can feed insects, birds, animals and humans; provide natural medicines for humans and some animals; and aid in a plant's reproduction by enticing outside pollinators. Without flowers, plants would merely be green, and the world would be a duller place.
What are the four uses of flowers?
11 Unexpected Uses for Flowers
- Tea. Flowers have been used to make teas for centuries. ...
- Medicine. There are a multitude of medicines and drugs made from plants, as you probably know; however, some are made from the actual flowers – not just the leaves or roots. ...
- Food. ...
- Dyes. ...
- Crafts. ...
- Air purifiers. ...
- Beauty products. ...
- Companion Planting.
- What is the correct floral formula of mustard?
- How do you write a hibiscus flower formula?
- How much is a single rose at Publix?
- What type of Placentation is found in the ovary of citrus and pea?
- Why are trilliums illegal?
- Is Pea a leguminous plant?
- What are the floral parts of the flower?
- What are the three parts of the female structure of a flower?
- What is a Zygomorphic flower?
- What is bract in flower?
You will be interested
- When Carpels are fused it is termed as?
- What are the top 20 hottest peppers?
- What is the important of flower?
- What are the rules for biological drawings?
- How do you draw a neat diagram?
- What do you mean by floral formula What does the following floral formula represent?
- What are the two main functions of fruit?
- Is Jasmine A floral?
- What is the floral formula of family Liliaceae?
- What family is a pea in?