Take a look at the similar writing assignments
What are the important parts of a flower?
The main flower parts are the male part called the stamen and the female part called the pistil. The stamen has two parts: anthers and filaments. The anthers carry the pollen. These are generally yellow in color.
What is the most important part of a flower?
What are the three functions of a flower?
What Are the Functions of Flowers & Fruits?
- Flower Pollination. Flowers are where pollination takes place. ...
- Seed Production. When pollination occurs in a flowering plant, the male pollen enters the female ovary containing female ovules. ...
- Fruit Production. Fruits are seed coverings. ...
- Fruit Function. Fruits protect seeds.
What is the function of flower in short?
The primary purpose of a flower is reproduction. Since the flowers are the reproductive organs of plant, they mediate the joining of the sperm, contained within pollen, to the ovules — contained in the ovary. Pollination is the movement of pollen from the anthers to the stigma.
How do you know if a cucumber flower is male or female?
Inspect the bright yellow flowers growing on the cucumber plant. Look behind each flower for a small immature cucumber growing behind it. Female flowers have this immature bloom, known as an ovary, growing behind it, while male flowers do not. Male flowers grow on a thinner-looking stem.
- What is cross pollination example?
- How do you write a floral flower formula?
- What is the latest drug for arthritis?
- What is scientific name of hibiscus?
- What is the scientific name for a petunia?
- What are the three types of ovary?
- What is the correct floral formula of mustard?
- How do you write a hibiscus flower formula?
- How much is a single rose at Publix?
- What type of Placentation is found in the ovary of citrus and pea?
You will be interested
- How do you draw a neat diagram?
- What are essential organs of a flower?
- What are the three parts of the female structure of a flower?
- What is the structure of flower?
- What is in the mustard family?
- What is an example of Cymose inflorescence?
- What is a Zygomorphic flower?
- What is the floral formula of tomato?
- Is Pea a leguminous plant?
- What is the common name for Helianthus annuus?