Take a look at the similar writing assignments
What are the main parts of a flower?
The main flower parts are the male part called the stamen and the female part called the pistil. The stamen has two parts: anthers and filaments. The anthers carry the pollen.
What is the main function of sepals?
The sepal is a defensive organ that encloses and protects the developing reproductive structures. At maturity, the sepal opens when the flower blooms. The outer sepal epidermis (see Fig.
What is the function of a style in a flower?
Style – This is the name for the stalk of the pistil. When pollen reaches the stigma, it begins to grow a tube through the style called a pollen tube, which will eventually reach the ovary. The style therefore acts as a buffer against pollen contamination, since only compatible pollen is able to grow a pollen tube.
What is the function of pistil?
Pistil: The ovule producing part of a flower. The ovary often supports a long style, topped by a stigma. The mature ovary is a fruit, and the mature ovule is a seed. Stigma: The part of the pistil where pollen germinates.
What is difference between sepal and petal?
The main difference between sepals and petals is that sepals are the green colour, leaf-like structures that form the outermost whorl whereas petals are the bright-colored petaloid structures which form the inner whorl. ... Sepals and petals are two non-reproductive structures in a flower.
What color is a sepal?
What are parts of flower?
The four main parts of a flower are the petals, sepals, stamen, and carpel (sometimes known as a pistil). If a flower has all four of these key parts, it is considered to be a complete flower. If any one of these elements is missing, it is an incomplete flower.
- What is the floral formula of sunflower?
- What is Vinca used for?
- What is the floral formula of tulip plant?
- What is whorl in flower?
- What are the important parts of a flower?
- What is cross pollination example?
- How do you write a floral flower formula?
- What is the latest drug for arthritis?
- What is scientific name of hibiscus?
- What is the scientific name for a petunia?
You will be interested
- Is belonging to family euphorbiaceae?
- Which essential oils are floral?
- What is the structure of flower?
- What family is a pea in?
- What is an example of Cymose inflorescence?
- Is Jasmine A floral?
- What are the floral parts of the flower?
- Is Chilli Actinomorphic?
- What is the difference between a legume and a bean?
- When Carpels are fused it is termed as?