Take a look at the similar writing assignments
What is a diagram of a flower?
Floral diagram is a graphic representation of flower structure. It shows the number of floral organs, their arrangement and fusion. Different parts of the flower are represented by their respective symbols. Floral diagrams are useful for flower identification or can help in understanding angiosperm evolution.
What is the symbol of Actinomorphic?
The position of the ovary is indicated by a line; this is below the number following G if the ovary is superior and above it if the ovary is inferior. The formula is preceded by the symbol ⊕ if the flower is actinomorphic and ·|· or ↑ if it is zygomorphic.
What is the floral formula of Actinomorphic?
Write the floral formula of an actinomorphic bisexual, hypogynous flower with five united sepals, five free petals. Five free stamens and two united carpals with superior ovary and axile placentation. The calyx contains five united sepals which can be represented asK(5).
How do you read a floral formula?
A floral formula consists of five symbols indicating from left to right:
- Floral Symmetry.
- Number of Sepals.
- Number of Petals.
- Number of Stamens.
- Number of Carpels.
Are petunias Actinomorphic?
floral symmetry …and is referred to as actinomorphic, or radially symmetrical, as in the petunia, buttercup, and wild rose.
Which is not an Actinomorphic flower?
What is a unisexual flower?
The flowers which contain only the male or female reproductive organs are called unisexual flowers. ... To reproduce they undergo cross-pollination. They do not have both stamen and carpels.
What is a dioecious?
1 : having male reproductive organs in one individual and female in another. 2 : having staminate and pistillate flowers borne on different individuals. Other Words from dioecious Example Sentences Learn More about dioecious.
- Which inflorescence is found in Solanum?
- What are the main parts of a flower?
- What is the floral formula of sunflower?
- What is Vinca used for?
- What is the floral formula of tulip plant?
- What is whorl in flower?
- What are the important parts of a flower?
- What is cross pollination example?
- How do you write a floral flower formula?
- What is the latest drug for arthritis?
You will be interested
- What are the two main functions of fruit?
- Is Pea a leguminous plant?
- What are the three types of ovary?
- What is a Zygomorphic flower?
- Which essential oils are floral?
- What do you mean by floral formula What does the following floral formula represent?
- How many sepals does a hibiscus flower have?
- What is the floral formula of family Fabaceae?
- How do you know if a flower is perfect or imperfect?
- How do you spell Solanaceae?