Take a look at the similar writing assignments
Is Pea a Actinomorphic flower?
Zygomorphic flowers are different than those of a lily, which are radially symmetrical and can be split into more than two identical sections. (These are called actinomorphic flowers.) ... Because of the resemblance to a butterfly, pea flowers are called papilionaceous (from Latin: papilion, a butterfly).
Is Chilli Actinomorphic flower?
Mustard, datura, and chili are the actinomorphic flowers as they are divided into two half from any plane.
When Carpels are free they are called?
If a gynoecium has a single carpel, it is called monocarpous. If a gynoecium has multiple, distinct (free, unfused) carpels, it is apocarpous. If a gynoecium has multiple carpels "fused" into a single structure, it is syncarpous.
Which is the outermost whorl of the flower?
Are beans Actinomorphic?
The leaves are alternate and, in most species, are divided into leaflets. Flowers may be borne singly or may be grouped into various arrays. The flowers are actinomorphic (radially symmetrical) or zygomorphic (bilaterally symmetrical) with 5 sepals and petals, and have both pollen-bearing and ovule-bearing parts.
What is meant by Zygomorphic?
of a flower. : having floral parts unequal in size or form so that the flower is capable of division into essentially symmetrical halves by only one longitudinal plane passing through the axis.
Why is a flower of Cassia described as Zygomorphic?
Why are flowers of cocurbits referred to as epigynous and cassia as zygomorphic. cucurbits referred as epigynous because the ovary is superior i.e., the gynoecium is appear above the thalamus and other parts are situated below the gynoecium.
- What is the significance of the floral diagrams and floral formula to a botanist?
- What are the essential parts of flowers?
- Where is the cherry blossom tree in Botw?
- What is a diagram of a flower?
- Which inflorescence is found in Solanum?
- What are the main parts of a flower?
- What is the floral formula of sunflower?
- What is Vinca used for?
- What is the floral formula of tulip plant?
- What is whorl in flower?
You will be interested
- What is the botanical of guava?
- What is an example of Cymose inflorescence?
- How do you know if a flower is perfect or imperfect?
- What is scientific name of hibiscus?
- What do you mean by floral formula What does the following floral formula represent?
- How do you spell Solanaceae?
- Are chillies Epipetalous?
- What are some characteristics of flowers?
- What are the top 20 hottest peppers?
- What is the floral formula of tomato?