Take a look at the similar writing assignments
Do Biennials die after two years?
Biennial plants grow leaves, stems and roots the first year, then go dormant for the winter. In the second year the plant will flower and produce seeds before dying.
Are annuals a waste of money?
Growing annuals can involve a lot of time and energy. Furthermore, some view it as a waste of valuable resources and, particularly, a waste of money. ... Perhaps, after reading this column, those die-hard perennial flower growers just might consider growing some annual flowers.
Can you keep an annual plant alive?
Annuals can be grown indoors throughout the year, but they're commonly brought inside to protect them from a killing frost. Overwintering annuals indoors also provides a cost benefit since you don't need to buy new plants or seeds each spring.
What are the best low maintenance outdoor plants?
Top 10 Low Maintenance Perennials
- Shasta Daisy. Shasta Daisies are easy to grow. ...
- Coneflower. Coneflower is a mid-summer bloomer that's a great cut flower. ...
- Hardy Hibiscus. Hardy hibiscus loves full sun and attracts both hummingbirds and butterflies. ...
- Perennial Geranium. Perennial Geranium is a great border plant. ...
- Hosta. ...
- Ferns. ...
- Catmint. ...
How far should shrubs be planted from the house?
For two different plants, placement from each other is one-half of the total spread for both plants. E.g.: Small shrubs should be planted at least 2 feet from a house foundation, medium shrubs about 3 feet, and tall shrubs 4 to 5 feet away. An 8-foot shrub should be spaced about 7 feet away from a 6-foot shrub.
What is the fastest growing shrub for privacy?
Green Giant Arborvitae
What is the best plant for a privacy hedge?
- Green Mountain. Green Mountain Boxwood (Buxus x 'Green Mountain') is an extremely popular boxwood. ...
- Schmidt. Schmidt Boxwood (Buxus sempervirens 'Schmidt') is a lesser-known boxwood variety but has a desirable tall and narrow growth habit making it great for hedging. ...
- Box Honeysuckle. ...
- Hick's Yew. ...
- Little Simon. ...
- Teton Firethorn.
- What is a desert ephemeral?
- What is whorl of flower?
- What is Spirocyclic?
- What plants keep coming back every year?
- Does an annual plant come back each year?
- What are the classification of plant based on life cycle?
- How do perennial plants reproduce?
- How do plants adapt to drought?
- What are the names of desert plants?
- How many plants are in the desert?
You will be interested
- How many petals does bloodroot have?
- What flowers bloom in deserts?
- Do camellias flower twice?
- How do you prepare perennials for winter?
- How many years does it take to grow a cherry blossom tree?
- Do I need to deadhead Campanula?
- How do you prune a deutzia?
- What do I do with my amaryllis once its flowered?
- Is Jason blossom really dead in Riverdale?
- What is the difference between Arabicum and Adenium?