Take a look at the similar writing assignments
Is wood sorrel a legume?
Botanically speaking, clover is Trifolium, a member of the Legume family. All legumes have nitrogen fixing nodules on their roots. The plants take nitrogen from the atmosphere and store it up. ... The plant that's called Shamrock is actually Oxalis, commonly called Wood Sorrel.
Which of the following is not a natural method of vegetative reproduction?
- Grafting is not the natural method of vegetative propagation. - It is a method that is done in horticulture to produce different varieties of plants. - This is the artificial method. Hence, the correct answer is option (D).
What is foliar bud?
Foliar buds are the buds which are present other than the node generally on the leaf. Plants like Begonia are propagated by the foliar bud. Tubers are the underground modification of stem which stores starch. It has buds on its surface which help in the growth of the new plant as this buds are meristematic in nature.
Which of the following is a natural method of vegetative propagation?
Natural vegetative propagation occurs when an axillary bud grows into a lateral shoot and develops its own roots (also known as adventitious roots). Plant structures allowing natural vegetative propagation include bulbs, rhizomes, stolons and tubers.
Which is the most common method of reproduction in majority of fungi and bacteria?
Which is the most common method of reproduction?
Bacterial reproduction most commonly occurs by a kind of cell division called binary fission. Binary fission involves the division of a single cell, which results in the formation of two cells that are genetically identical.
Which is the most common method of reproduction in fungi?
The most common mode of asexual reproduction is through the formation of asexual spores, which are produced by one parent only (through mitosis) and are genetically identical to that parent. Spores allow fungi to expand their distribution and colonize new environments.
Which is the most common method of reproduction in bacteria?
What is the nutritional mode of most bacteria?
Bacteria can obtain energy and nutrients by performing photosynthesis, decomposing dead organisms and wastes, or breaking down chemical compounds. Bacteria can obtain energy and nutrients by establishing close relationships with other organisms, including mutualistic and parasitic relationships.
What method do bacteria use to reproduce?
Why is the reproduction necessary for living beings?
Reproduction is important for the survival of all living things. Without a mechanism for reproduction, life would come to an end. ... Asexual reproduction refers to simple cell division that produces an exact duplicate of an organism.
- Does dog pee kill clover?
- What can you not eat in the wilderness?
- How do I get rid of oxalis NZ?
- What can you do with wood sorrel?
- What is the health benefit of sorrel?
- Can I put my spider plant in the bathroom?
- Are wood sorrel flowers edible?
- Can you be allergic to sorrel?
- What kind of leaves can you eat?
- How do I get rid of grass and weeds in my flower beds?
You will be interested
- What the Bible says about wormwood?
- Does Chernobyl translate to Wormwood?
- How long can you take wormwood?
- What are the benefits of taking wormwood?
- Are all types of oxalis edible?
- Is Wormwood toxic to humans?
- Why is my Bermuda grass still brown?
- What is wormwood essential oil used for?
- Is violet wood sorrel edible?
- Are Wyrmwood dice good?