Take a look at the similar writing assignments
How do you plant anemone bulbs in the UK?
A hole approximately an inch deep is required when planting, into which the rhizome should be planted horizontally. Wood Anemone rhizomes will establish more readily if a poor well-drained soil with some leaf mould can be found in a shady position.
Do elephant ears need lots of water?
Elephant ears are water-loving plants. They need at least moist, organically rich soil, but constantly moist soil is preferable, especially in warm months. You can decrease your watering schedule for the plants in winter, when they don't need as much water as they do other times of the year.
Will elephant ears grow indoors?
Upright elephant ears (Alocasia) can be brought indoors and grown as houseplants. Keep the plants in bright, indirect light and keep the soil consistently moist, not wet.
Can elephant ears take full sun?
Can elephant ears grow in full sun? Full sun is not ideal for most—they grow best in bright but indirect sunlight. Too much sunlight can burn the leaves, while too little sunlight can cause yellowing.
Do all Alocasias go dormant indoors?
The care that Alocasia needs during the winter varies depending on the climate. In warmer climates or indoors, for instance, Alocasia goes through a dormant period, according to Greenery Unlimited.
Why are elephant ears so big?
An elephant's ears are made up of thousands of blood vessels that are thin and close to the skin. This allows the excess body heat to escape the elephant's body to regulate their body temperature. Plus, another reason why elephants have big ears is to use their ears as fans to cool off their bodies.
Do elephants hear with their ears?
Hearing. Elephants have good hearing, detecting sounds as low as 14 to 16 hz (human low range: 20 hz) and as high as 12,000 hz (human high range: 20,000).
What elephant has the biggest ears?
- What are the side effects of black seed?
- When should I plant anemones?
- Which flower means friendship?
- How long does it take for Anemone to sprout?
- When should I plant anemone bulbs?
- Can I grow Japanese anemone in pots?
- Can you touch sea anemones?
- Are the Scots descended from the Picts?
- How much sun does Anemone need?
- Is it too late to plant spring bulbs?
You will be interested
- What is Oxalis good for?
- Is a shamrock an oxalis?
- What does wood sorrel taste like?
- Can I eat wood sorrel?
- Is sorrel drink good for high blood pressure?
- Can you grow anemones from seed?
- Is wood sorrel a clover?
- Can you eat sorrel flowers?
- Can you eat wood sorrel flowers?
- Does vinegar and salt kill grass?