Take a look at the similar writing assignments
What plant does woad come from?
Isatis tinctoria, also called woad (/ˈwoʊd/), dyer's woad, or glastum, is a flowering plant in the family Brassicaceae. It is occasionally known as Asp of Jerusalem. Woad is also the name of a blue dye produced from the leaves of the plant.
Why didn't Romans conquer Scotland?
It was still controlled by fierce warrior tribes, who refused to bow to the Roman Empire. Scotland had valuable natural resources, like lead, silver and gold. The Romans could also get rich by charging the people they conquered taxes and forcing them to become slaves.
Why did the Romans never invade Scotland?
Scotland perhaps became simply not worth the bother for the Romans, who were forced to fight and defend deep elsewhere. “It is difficult to believe that the conquest of Scotland would have brought any economic gain to Rome. It was not rich in mineral or agricultural produce, “ Breeze said.
Are the Scottish Vikings?
The Vikings had a different presence in Scotland than they did in Ireland. ... Few records have survived to show the early years of Norse settlement in Scotland. But it appears that around the late eighth century, the Vikings began to settle in the Northern Isles of Scotland, the Shetlands, and Orkneys.
Are the Scottish descendants of the Vikings?
By the end of the 9th century the Vikings came to Scotland to raid and settle. It is curious that the Vikings settled so quickly in Scotland and Northern and east Ireland, and slower in England. ... To this day you can find Scottish Clans with direct Viking (Norse) descent.
- Is woad a Scrabble word?
- Why were the Celts viewed as fearsome warriors?
- How do you grow woad?
- What is the verb of wound?
- What is the most Irish thing to say?
- How do wood anemones grow?
- What would you rather question?
- Why is Woah Vicky famous?
- How do you plant wood anemone bulbs?
- How do I identify an ancient woodland?
You will be interested
- Who were the woads in King Arthur?
- Which flower means friendship?
- Do anemones have brains?
- How hard is it to keep anemones?
- Do you soak Anemone bulbs before planting?
- How do you plant anemone bulbs in the UK?
- How long does it take for Anemone to sprout?
- Can I grow Japanese anemone in pots?
- Are anemone flowers poisonous to humans?
- Will my anemone come back?