Take a look at the similar writing assignments
What is the genus of Nymphaea alba?
Are water lilies monocots or dicots?
Water lilies have the stem anatomy of dicots, with an organized ring of vascular tissue, but the plastid structure is like that found in monocots. Some species seem to have a single cotyledon, as in monocots. Modern taxonomists now consider water lilies to be basal angiosperms and are neither monocots or dicots.
How many sepals does a lily have?
What's the middle of a lily called?
Are lilies male or female?
These three parts make up the pistil. All around the pistil are the stamens. Filaments branch upward from the center of the flower with anthers full of pollen attached at the top. Many lilies, like the Easter lily, are monoecious, meaning that they contain both male and female flowers on the same plant.
Do vegetables have genders?
Their flower parts do have gender: the pollen comes from the male part, and it needs to get to an ovary, which is a female flower part. ...
Do apples have genders?
As the bee visits different flowers it becomes coated with pollen, which gets transferred to other flowers on other trees. Although the apple blossom has both male and female parts (the apple tree is a hermaphrodite), it is self-incompatible. Apple trees require cross-pollination (Browning 1998, p. 19).
Do carrots have genders?
Although carrot flowers have both male and female parts, much seed production has shifted to hybrid seed production. To achieve this, lines that are male sterile or male fertile are produced.
Is a banana male or female?
Banana trees have male and female flowers, on the same plant. Many vegetables and fruits plants are polyploid: this is a "genetic defect" which produces additional copies of chromosomes. More copies means more proteins which means larger plant/larger fruits.
Is banana a fruit or berry?
Raspberries are Not. It turns out berry is actually a botanical term, not a common English one. It turns out that blackberries, mulberries, and raspberries are not berries at all, but bananas, pumpkins, avocados and cucumbers are.
Is Apple man-made?
Apples are one of the most man-made things going. ... One apple seed is different genetically from all others. Even if two seeds are from the same apple, they will each grow to be a different tree. In fact, the odds are a million to one that the trees that grow up from those seeds will be similar to their parent.
What happens if I eat too much vegetables?
The trouble happens when you far exceed the amount your stomach can handle — an uncomfortable experience that can result in digestive distress, gas, bloating, and severe constipation. It can also cause nutrient deficiencies.
What foods can damage your liver?
6 foods to avoid if you have a fatty liver
- Alcohol. Alcohol is a major cause of fatty liver disease as well as other liver diseases.
- Added sugar. Stay away from sugary foods such as candy, cookies, sodas, and fruit juices. ...
- Fried foods. These are high in fat and calories.
- Salt. ...
- White bread, rice, and pasta. ...
- Red meat.
Are eggs bad for liver?
Many patients in our clinic ask us if they can consume eggs, since it is a widespread belief that people with a liver disease cannot eat them and even that they are harmful in healthy people. This is not true.
- How long do water lilies live?
- Why does my water lily not flower?
- Is a water lily poisonous?
- Why is it called money plant?
- What do pink water lilies symbolize?
- Are water lily and lotus the same?
- Where did water lilies originate?
- How many times do lilies bloom in a year?
- Is the lotus flower a hallucinogen?
- Can you eat lily roots?
You will be interested
- Can you grow water lilies from seed?
- Can you eat lily pad roots?
- Should I cut the yellow leaves off of my peace lily?
- What do water lilies symbolize?
- What do white lilies stand for?
- Why are my water plants leaves turning yellow?
- Where can I find woad?
- Can I grow peace lily in water?
- Why is the lily called the flower of light?
- Are there blue water lilies?