Take a look at the similar writing assignments
Do water lilies reproduce?
Water lilies reproduce through both seeds and rhizome spread.
Which plants do not need soil to grow?
8 Plants You Can Grow Without Soil
- Lucky Bamboo. 1/8. Despite its name, lucky bamboo (Dracaena sanderiana) isn't actually bamboo at all. ...
- Philodendron. 2/8. ...
- Orchids. 3/8. ...
- Air Plants (Tillandsias) 4/8. ...
- Spanish Moss. 5/8. ...
- Marimo Moss Balls. 6/8. ...
- Paperwhites (Narcissus tazetta) 7/8. ...
- Aechmea. 8/8.
Does fish eat Lotus?
Nymphaea lotus: Commonly known as water lotus, nymphaea lotus is an excellent fish plant food.
Will Koi eat Lotus?
Commonly koi will consume the floating leaves, but other times they will eat the flower itself. A pot filled with soil provides a spot to forage in the mud to search for food or just to pass the time of day.
What animals eat Lotus?
The seeds are eaten by mallard and wood duck, the roots are eaten by beaver and muskrat, and the stems and leaves provide shade and habitat for fish, young waterfowl and marsh birds. Shade from its leaves can limit abundance of submersed aquatic plants.
What drug is in the lotus flower?
The two main compounds responsible for the flower's psychoactive and medicinal effects are apomorphine and nuciferine ( 1 , 3 , 4, 5): Apomorphine. A psychoactive compound that acts as a dopamine agonist, meaning it can instill a happy and euphoric feeling.
What happened to those who ate the lotus flower?
What happens to anyone who eats this plant? Anyone who eats this plant (the lotus) will lose their desire to return home. ... If Odysseus's men eat the lotus, they will long to stay forever and never return home.
What happens to Odysseus men when they eat the lotus flower?
Odysseus' men eat the flowering plant and are immediately changed. Anyone who eats this sweet plant becomes forgetful of their purpose. They forget about their home and all their cares in the world. The men never send back a message to Odysseus; they stay and eat the plant with the natives.
What does Lotus Eater mean?
In Greek mythology, the lotus-eaters (Greek: λωτοφάγοι, translit. ... Figuratively, 'lotus-eater' denotes "a person who spends their time indulging in pleasure and luxury rather than dealing with practical concerns".
What do Lotus-Eaters look like?
Appearance. Odysseus' men watch the Lotus-Eaters with intrigue... Most Lotus-Eaters appear superficially normal; they grow to about average human height; they don't have glowing eyes, strange-colored skin, pointed ears, sharp claws, tails, wings or anything of that sort.
How long was Odysseus on the island of the Lotus-Eaters?
- What does the water lily flower mean?
- Can Water Lilies be eaten?
- Is it illegal to pick water lilies in Minnesota?
- What is the spiritual meaning of lilies?
- Can you pick water lilies in Michigan?
- How much sun does a water lily need?
- What do white lilies represent?
- Are white lilies edible?
- Why is water lilies a famous painting?
- What does wallflower mean in slang?
You will be interested
- Can you eat lily pad roots?
- Where can I buy water lilies in NZ?
- Should I cut the yellow leaves off of my peace lily?
- Where can water lily be found?
- Why do the lotus eaters wish to resemble the gods?
- Why are my water plants leaves turning yellow?
- What is the spiritual meaning of yellow?
- Why did my peace lily stop blooming?
- How many times do lilies bloom in a year?
- Why are my water lily leaves turning yellow?