Take a look at the similar writing assignments
What is the smallest water lily?
Can I put water lilies in my pond?
Elegant and stately, water lilies (Nymphaea sp.) can be the crowning glory of a garden pond. When buying water lilies, look for those plants that have shoots emerging from the rhizome and wait until the pond has warmed up before potting or planting.
How deep should a pond be for water lilies?
Take off any side shoots, cut the roots back to about 10cms and then re-pot the rhizome back into its basket using fresh soil. You can put the lily back into the pond at the depth where it came from....Top ten tips for helping your water lilies to thrive.
|Water lily size||Minimum Depth||Maximum Depth|
|PYGMY||15cm (5in)||30cm (12in)|
Why do water lilies live in freshwater?
Water lilies live in water because they evolved adaptations, special characteristics or traits, to allow them to survive in that environment, such as weak stems, flat, broad leaves with stomata on their upper surface and bowl-shaped flowers.
Does water lily bear fruits?
Water Lily fruit develop from the flower of the plant, which is also edible. After the flower is pollinated, it retracts underwater, and closes. It then develops into a hard, green globular fruit which are valued for their seeds. Water Lily fruit are are most often foraged in the wild.
What is another name for a water lily?
- How can water lilies kill you?
- Are water lily seeds poisonous?
- What is the meaning of waterlily?
- What is the best smelling fragrance from Bath and Body Works?
- How do you make hot water cornbread from scratch?
- Can u eat lotus leaf?
- What is a hardy water lily?
- How wide are the leaves of the Victoria amazonica water lily?
- What is Aambal?
- Which is the national flower of Sri Lanka?
You will be interested
- What do white lilies stand for?
- Why is water lilies a famous painting?
- Is a water lily poisonous?
- What do water lilies symbolize?
- How do you cook water lilies?
- Do water lilies reproduce?
- Can you grow water lilies from seed?
- Why is my lily plant leaves turning yellow?
- What do white lilies represent?
- What does wallflower mean in slang?