Do violets grow in the UK?
Where to find sweet violet. Sweet violets are widespread across the UK, commonly found in woods and hedgerows. It is becoming less common, probably due to over-picking.
Are there white violets?
Sweet White Violet (Viola blanda) colonies are common in moist woodlands of eastern North America, but they are great garden performers, as well. A basal clump of dark green heart-shaped leaves gives rise to fragrant white flowers each borne on single stalks.
Are white wild violets edible?
Most wild foods authors report that the blue and white flowered species of violet are all edible, but not the yellow flowered species. ... But there's a good chance that you have common blue violets or the sweet violet growing in your area—both of which are good wild edibles and choice medicinals.
Do African violets have a lifespan?
An African violet (Saintpaulia spp.) can last indefinitely, according to the Bay State African Violet Society. It's not unusual for them to live 50 years or more with proper care. The key is to avoid overwatering, chilling and direct sunlight -- three things that can drastically reduce an African violet's lifespan.
Why does my African violet have white leaves?
Powdery mildew afflicts African violets. In severe cases, the leaves become covered with a powdery, white to pale gray coating. High humidity and poor air circulation contribute to the spread of this disease, which begins with a few isolated leaf spots.
Do African violets need special soil?
A good potting soil for African Violets actually contains no soil (or dirt) at all. A good potting soil will be very light and porous, a quality which enhances aeration, while keeping the soil moist, but not soggy. ... For African Violets, the pH should be between 5.
- How do you kill clematis?
- How is Pokemon Ultra Violet different?
- What will happen if a purple flower is crossed with a white flower?
- What Colour does violet and yellow make?
- What do you do when African violet leaves turn yellow?
- Is Virgin's Bower invasive?
- How do I get rid of violet weeds in my lawn?
- Is Virginia spiderwort invasive?
- How do you treat African violet fungus?
- Where is spiderwort native to?
You will be interested
- What does it mean to be Perks of Being a Wallflower?
- What does a spiderwort plant look like?
- Do you cut back spiderwort in the fall?
- Can dogs eat chicken broth with onions?
- Can I pick trilliums?
- Why is Perks of Being a Wallflower banned?
- Do wallflowers like sun or shade?
- Do spiderwort flowers close at night?
- Can you eat Tradescantia?
- Which supermarket is cheapest for Gin?