Can you buy violet seeds?
Violet Seeds All of the seed we carry at American Meadows is non-GMO, neonicotinoid-free and guaranteed to grow. Prairie Violet sets itself apart from other Violas in that it's not an aggressive grower and will not take over your garden.
Can African violets be grown from seed?
While most are started from cuttings, African violets are started from cuttings, African violets can be grown from seed. Starting an African violet from seed is a little more time consuming than starting cuttings, but you'll end up with many more plants.
How do you grow sweet violets?
Plant sweet violet in moist, rich soil. If the soil is poor, improve it by digging 2 to 3 inches of compost or manure into the top 6 to 8 inches of soil. Sweet violet tolerates full sunlight, especially in areas with cool summers. Otherwise, the plant prefers an area that is protected from hot afternoon sunlight.
How do you get violet seeds?
If you want to be really meticulous about collecting violet seeds you can place a jewelry bag, coffee filter, piece of muslin cloth or even a tea bag, around the forming pods to capture the seeds when you see the pods start to stand straight up. Unlike other seeds I collect, I don't bring these seeds in to dry.
Where can I buy wild violet seeds?
Amazon.com: wild violet seeds.
How long does African Violet live?
Are African violet leaves poisonous to dogs?
With their fuzzy green leaves and stunning year-round flowers, African violets bloom in a range of lavenders, blues, pinks, reds, and white—depending on the variety. Both the plant and flowers are non-toxic to cats and dogs, making them perfect for those looking for a low-maintenance, blooming plant.
How often do African violets need to be watered?
“How often to water African violets?” is perhaps the most pondered African violet dilemma. The best guide is to feel the top of the soil: if it is dry to the touch, then it is time to water. African violets should be allowed to dry out between each watering for best results. Overwatering can kill a plant.
What does Rosemary do for cats?
In any case, Rosemary can be used to fight most any infection and is great for allergies, as it reduces histamine production (like benadryl). It is known to lower blood pressure and could be used in older cats with this problem. It could even be dosed transdermally, because of its volatile nature.
- What is violet leaf used for?
- Are purple sweet potatoes good for you?
- What is violet oil good for?
- What does violet symbolize?
- What tonic do you have with parma violet gin?
- Are violets good eating?
- Can violets be planted outside?
- Why is my Violet not blooming?
- What is Banafsha used for?
- What does violet oil smell like?
You will be interested
- What is the best white matt emulsion?
- Is it safe to eat violets?
- Can I use a diffuser around my cat?
- Are eggshells good for African violets?
- Can violas grow in shade?
- Why are the leaves on my African violet turning white?
- What is the difference between Dulux Endurance and easycare?
- Why was purple rice forbidden?
- Can violets be white?
- What colors do you need to make Violet?