Take a look at the similar writing assignments
When is Violet season?
Is Violet a perennial?
Botanically speaking, violas, pansies, and almost all violets are perennials belonging to the genus Viola. However, violas and pansies are usually treated as annuals, invaluable for fall, winter, and spring bloom in mild-winter areas, for spring-through-early-summer color in colder climates.
Will violets grow in shade?
How to grow violets. Recreate the conditions they love in the wild. They need winter and spring sunshine but summer shade, so the ideal spots are under deciduous trees and shrubs. ... Sweet violets thrive in moist but well-drained soils.
Do violets need full sun?
African violets need bright light to bloom, but cannot tolerate hot, direct sun because their leaves are easily scorched by intense light. Violets bloom best at temperatures from 65 to 75 degrees.
How often should you water an African violet?
“How often to water African violets?” is perhaps the most pondered African violet dilemma. The best guide is to feel the top of the soil: if it is dry to the touch, then it is time to water. African violets should be allowed to dry out between each watering for best results. Overwatering can kill a plant.
How much light does an African violet need?
African violets need indirect sunlight, direct can burn the leaves. Choose a north- or east- facing window for best results. Keep plants away from cold glass and rotate the pot once a week so all leaves receive light.
Are LED lights good for African violets?
LEDs use less energy than fluorescent lights. They cost more than fluorescent lights, however last much longer. LEDs do not generate heat as compared to fluorescent lights, so they can be kept closer to your violets and no risk of burning them.
Is African Violet poisonous to dogs?
By the way, African violets are non-toxic to curious cats, dogs, and horses, according to the ASPCA Toxic and Non-Toxic Plants page. This information should offer some comfort to parents of curious cats that enjoy the taste of this lovely houseplant.
Is Purple Shamrock edible?
Did you know that Purple Shamrock is edible? It can be used to embellish desserts such as lemon cake, thanks to its slightly citric flavour! Delicately place them on top of your favourite desserts. Their wing-like leaves make them look like butterflies – a sure fire way to wow your guests at dinner parties.
- Does Zack get a girlfriend in suite life on deck?
- Can you buy violet seeds?
- What is violet leaf used for?
- Are purple sweet potatoes good for you?
- What is violet oil good for?
- What does violet symbolize?
- What tonic do you have with parma violet gin?
- Are violets good eating?
- Can violets be planted outside?
- Why is my Violet not blooming?
You will be interested
- Why are the leaves on my African violet turning white?
- Can you freeze violets?
- Can violets be white?
- What does violet oil smell like?
- How do I force my African violet to bloom?
- Are wild violets annuals or perennials?
- What colors do you need to make Violet?
- What is Banafsha used for?
- What is the best white matt emulsion?
- Is purple Colour good for bedroom?