Can you eat violet petals?
Indeed, you can! Violets, both the leaves and flowers, contain high amounts of vitamin C and vitamin A. ... Flowers can be added to salads and soups as garnish. Moderation is important, as this plant does contain a compound called saponin, so eating violet flowers and leaves in excess may cause digestive issues.
How often should African violets be watered?
“How often to water African violets?” is perhaps the most pondered African violet dilemma. The best guide is to feel the top of the soil: if it is dry to the touch, then it is time to water. African violets should be allowed to dry out between each watering for best results. Overwatering can kill a plant.
How do you revive African violets?
If a majority of the roots are still white or light-colored, prune off the rotted roots, and re-pot the plant in soil for African violets in a container with several drainage holes. You can water from top or bottom with water at room temperature or slightly warmer. Make sure the plant to drain well.
What causes my African violet leaves to curl?
If the leaves on your African violet are curling under, the most likely cause is temperature. ... Being too cold for too long will cause the leaves to turn brittle and curl under. Other symptoms of cold stress include center leaves that are tightly bunched together, stunted growth, and extra fur on the leaves.
How long can African violets live?
What kind of light is best for African violets?
African violets need bright light to bloom, but cannot tolerate hot, direct sun because their leaves are easily scorched by intense light. Violets bloom best at temperatures from 65 to 75 degrees.
Why won't my African violets bloom?
Too little light can cause of African violets not to bloom well. They prefer bright, indirect sun. Too little sunlight causes them to stretch for the light and produce few or no flowers; too much sun can burn the leaves. ... If you grow African violets under lights, be sure not to run them more than 16 hours a day.
- How do I identify a violet?
- What mixers go with violet gin?
- What are violet leaves good for?
- How do I get rid of purple violets in my lawn?
- Is viola the same as Violet?
- What is in parma violets?
- Are violet leaves edible?
- When is Violet season?
- Does Zack get a girlfriend in suite life on deck?
- Can you buy violet seeds?
You will be interested
- What happened when Mendel crossed a purple flowers with white flowers?
- What is Banafsha used for?
- What color plus what color equals purple?
- Is JJ Whitley the same as Whitley Neill?
- Can violas grow in shade?
- Why are the leaves on my African violet turning white?
- Are purple sweet peas edible?
- Can you eat white violets?
- What tonic do you have with parma violet gin?
- Are purple sweet potatoes good for you?