Take a look at the similar writing assignments
What happens when you get stung by a bluebottle?
A sting from a bluebottle causes an immediate sharp pain and acute inflammatory skin reaction, which has a linear appearance (Figure 1). The pain is worsened if the tentacles are moved or the area rubbed. The intense pain can last from minutes to many hours, and can be followed by a dull ache involving the joints.
Can you drink your own urine?
Drinking your own urine isn't advisable. It can introduce bacteria, toxins, and medications into your system. There's no reason to think that drinking urine would benefit your health in any way.
Which vinegar is best for jellyfish stings?
Experts agree vinegar (due to its acetic acid content) is the best treatment for box jellyfish and their smaller cousins, the irukandji.
What's the best thing to put on a jellyfish sting?
Stop the Stinging Rinse the area with vinegar for at least 30 seconds. Remove tentacles with a pair of tweezers. After you remove the tentacles, soak the affected area in hot water (104-113 F or 40-45 C) for at least 20 minutes. If you don't have a thermometer, make sure the water is hot but not scalding.
Is it safe to swim with jellyfish?
Only a small number of jellyfish will actually end up coming into contact with swimmers, and many of them do not give serious stings. They're definitely no reason to fear the water! ... In fact, swimming with jellyfish is a popular tourist activity in some places.
Can jellyfish pee and poop?
The biggest predator to jellies is other jellies. Most of these cannibalistic creatures eat other species of jelly and leave their own alone. Jellies only have one hole, so everything — food, poop, babies, everything -- goes in and out of that hole. If a jelly stings you, forget the old advice to pee on it.
Are jellyfish aware?
It is very unlikely jellyfish are conscious due to how simple their nervous system is. ... There are sensory nervous functions too, namely photosensitivity and gravity sensitivity. Jellyfish can react to stimuli, but this is not indicative of sentience: single celled organisms can do this too.
Are jellyfish smart?
Jellyfish are not very smart. “They have very simple sensory organs, and no brain to process any information,” says marine biologist Stein Kaartvedt. ... Though jellyfish are often found in dense, stinging hordes, they're not typically thought of as social animals.
What animal has highest IQ?
What animal has 32 brains?
What is the smartest living thing on earth?
What's the smartest animal in the world? Here are the cleverest creatures around
- CHIMPANZEES. RECKONED to be the most-intelligent animals on the planet, chimps can manipulate the environment and their surroundings to help themselves and their community. ...
- PIGS. ...
- BOTTLENOSE DOLPHINS. ...
- PARROTS. ...
- WHALES. ...
- DOGS. ...
- OCTOPUS. ...
What is the stupidest animal on the planet?
Here are the top 8 dumbest creatures in the animal world:
- Cane Toads. Cane toads are found in abundance in Australia, but if there is anything else abundant about them, it is the degree of their stupidity. ...
- Kakapo. ...
- Goblin Shark. ...
- Sloth. ...
- Turkey. ...
- Flamingo. ...
- Panda. ...
- Lilac-Breasted Roller.
What is the IQ of a dolphin?
The La Plata dolphin has an EQ of approximately 1.
Are humans the smartest thing on earth?
For many years, humans have believed we are the most intelligent beings on the planet. However, evolutionary biologists are now claiming that some members of the animal kingdom may in fact have superior brains - we just don't recognise their intelligence.
- Where do bluebottle jellyfish live?
- How do you make a pour over blue bottle?
- What is Blue Bottle coffee known for?
- Can you be allergic to blue bottles?
- Where was the final scene in Butch Cassidy filmed?
- What do you do if you get stung by a blue bottle?
- What does bottle mean in slang?
- Does blue bottle grind coffee?
- Are blue bottle stings dangerous?
- Can blue bottles Kill U?
You will be interested
- What do blue ants eat?
- What is the herb borage used for?
- How long do blue bottle stings last?
- What do you use borage for?
- What reaction transforms methylene blue into leuco methylene blue in the blue bottle reaction?
- Are dead blue bottles dangerous?
- How long to blue bottle flies live?
- Is Borage a hardy annual?
- Is borage good for bees?
- Can blue bottles kill you?