Take a look at the similar writing assignments
What is a blue bottle in the sea?
The bluebottle, or Indo-Pacific Man o' War, is not a jellyfish but a siphonophore, which is a colony of tiny, specialized polyps working together as colonies. ... The species is named after one of its polyps, the gas-filled sac, often referred to as “the float,” which resembles a blue bottle floating in the ocean.
Are blue bottles toxic to dogs?
Blue bottles will cause local pain on the skin however they can also release neurotoxins that can lead to hind limb paralysis if eaten. Seek veterinary attention if you suspect your dog has encountered one of these. BEWARE THE BEACH!
How long do blue bottles live?
Adult flies optimally live for 15-25 days but can live for up to two months, although without food they can only survive for 2-3 days. Adult flies require nutrition before they will copulate.
Can Man O War kill you?
The tentacles contain stinging nematocysts, microscopic capsules loaded with coiled, barbed tubes that deliver venom capable of paralyzing and killing small fish and crustaceans. While the man o' war's sting is rarely deadly to people, it packs a painful punch and causes welts on exposed skin.
What happens if you pop a Man O War?
Their sting injects potent venom and causes an immediate painful red mark, which can blister and cause abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting.
What do you do if you get stung by a Man O War?
Their results, published this week in the journal Toxins, defy the recent abandonment of historic advice, and suggest that man o' war stings are no different than other jellyfish stings; the best first aid is to rinse with vinegar to remove any residual stingers or bits of tentacle left on the skin and then immerse in ...
What jellyfish can kill you?
Does vinegar work on jellyfish stings?
Vinegar is used to stop the venom in stingers. Caution: Do not use ammonia, urine, rubbing alcohol, fresh water or ice. They all can trigger the release of more venom. If you don't have vinegar, move on to scraping off the stingers.
What does Seabather's eruption look like?
The rash consists of raised, hard or soft bumps, or blisters of different shapes and sizes that appear very red and may be extremely itchy. The larvae can become trapped in the fabric of a swimsuit, under swim caps and fins, and along the cuff edges of wet suits and T-shirts.
What to do if you see a jellyfish on the beach?
If you see a jellyfish in the water, stay cool. If possible, swim calmly away from the jellyfish towards shore. If there is no escape, tread slowly and hope that the jellyfish passes you by. Most jellyfish only sting when they are provoked.
- What happens if you get stung by a Portuguese Man O War?
- What happens when you get stung by a bluebottle?
- Where do bluebottle jellyfish live?
- How do you make a pour over blue bottle?
- What is Blue Bottle coffee known for?
- Can you be allergic to blue bottles?
- Where was the final scene in Butch Cassidy filmed?
- What do you do if you get stung by a blue bottle?
- What does bottle mean in slang?
- Does blue bottle grind coffee?
You will be interested
- How long to blue bottle flies live?
- What grows well with borage?
- What are borage flowers used for?
- What reaction transforms methylene blue into leuco methylene blue in the blue bottle reaction?
- How long do blue bottle stings last?
- What do blue ants eat?
- Are dead blue bottles dangerous?
- What should you plant next to tomatoes?
- What is a blue bottle sting?
- What is the most dangerous creature in the ocean?